So, going from a briefcase, to a diaper bag is quite interesting! It is a BIG change for someone like me...A self-described, 34-year old, slightly OCD, perfectionistic, super productive type, who is always thinking of what needs to be done next. LOL! One major change is I’m used to being in control...especially of my body. Now I am completely having to let go of my control because the baby has taken over. It’s a wonderfully strange experience. Before I was pregnant, I used to have to
make myself go to sleep at night. I would literally pray that I would stop thinking, and just fall asleep. However, my entire first trimester, I would almost fall asleep while trying to eat supper. The fatigue just wouldn’t allow me to be my O.C.D. self. It used to be when I got home from work, I needed a glass of wine (or a cosmo), with a jacuzzi bubble bath to relax. Once I was pregnant, all I wanted was a nap and a bowl of ice cream! Instead of tackling a dust bunny, I watched it float across the wood floor!! Yes, I still noticed what needed to be done--which, of course, bothered me--but not enough for me to get up and grab the Swiffer! I used all of my energy at work, so I was exhausted by the time I got home. I have more energy now...but I'm still not "sweating the small stuff" like I used to. I guess that's a good thing, huh?
Speaking of fatigue, (WARNING: Completely random thought coming on) thank goodness I broke my ridiculously terrible coffee habit in December 2006, or else I would have really been exhausted! I literally had to put myself in my own
coffee rehab. Since I couldn't work and stop drinking it at the same time, (for fear of killing someone or having a meltdown), I had to use my entire week-long vacation to ween myself from drinking coffee every day. Pregnancy made me so tired, (especially in the beginning), that I really feel sorry for any woman who has to break the coffee habit cold turkey. The headaches must be unbearable!
Umm, anyway, as for other big changes, steaks and sushi are two other big taboos during these 9 months. As far as sushi, it wasn't that big of a deal because I wasn't eating it all that often. However, I did notice an
ever-so-strange increase in cravings for it once I was pregnant.
Hmmm...Could it be that we always want, what we can't have? : ) However, steak is a different stor
y! Grrrr...Yes, that's me growling angrily, AND my stomach growling too! I want a medium rare filet mignon as soon as possible!! What's the point of eating a steak if it's well-done, I ask?!?! Oh, and of course, with my steak craving comes a pretty strong craving for

a glass of good smooth Pinot Noir. Ahhh...Heaven! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment