Wow! I am 7 months preggers and I have officially left my job behind. I have really mixed feelings about leaving. It's completely strange for me. After 12 years of driving to Houma every single morning, I am now staying home. I used to wake up every day to my cell phone's alarm going off---now I wake up to the sound of a bird chirping outside my window. My morning used to start with turning on the news, and checking company emails from my phone before I even got out of bed. As I got dressed, I tracked medication shipments and inventories for 9 clinics, and I hardly ever left the house without at least one text message or a problem email to handle. I'd pack up the good old laptop and head to work; always feeling like the drive was wasting precious time. My perpetual "Things To Do List" would grow before I even arrived. Luckily, I was sick the first week I stayed home. I say LUCKILY because without being sick, I wouldn't have handled this new life very well. Being sick made me slow down enough to CHANGE GEARS. 

No comments:
Post a Comment