Sunday, December 27, 2009

An Update On Jack Michael

Wow...I cannot believe how terrible I am at blogging. Jack is now 7 months old (30 weeks.) He is quite a little character! He has been very busy...learning to laugh, sit-up without support, scooting and crawling, growing two bottom teeth, eating solid foods, and babbling. Jack has always been an alert, active, and curious baby. He's definitely a wiggle-worm, and will make you work up a sweat just changing his diaper and getting him dressed! Seriously, it's quite a workout. Here's an updated look at Jack's first 7 months.

Jack Michael at 7 weeks old. He was smiling at me and Corey on a regular basis at this age.

At 8 weeks old, he developed eczema all over his face and scalp. He also began teething and drooling. The 2-month mark was a tough time for us. He didn't sleep much during this time, and had stomach cramps, gassiness, fussiness, and just seemed pretty uncomfortable most of the time. He cried and fussed every night, as well as, fought his sleep. He slept in his swing (which I hooked onto my bed, so that it he layed at an incline) to prevent him from spitting-up and choking. This phase lasted for at least the next 2 months. He had a wonderful visit with his Great-Uncle Ronnie and Great-Aunt Gina over the summer. We were so happy to see them, and so glad they were able to spend time with Jack.

Jack has no problem showing how he feels. As you can see from these photos, he can go from happy to about to have a meltdown in mere seconds. When he is about to cry, he becomes frozen and quiet, sticks his bottom lip out, looks right at you, then lets out the loudest cry. He usually ends up coughing and crying at the same time. It's all VERY dramatic. It might last only a minute, or it could go on for several minutes. Yes, I do have to laugh at him sometimes--if it's over nothing. If I'm holding him while giving him a bottle, and I sneeze, he has a meltdown! He gets startled easily, poor baby. ;-)


1 comment:

  1. His mama's child!!!! Ever changing moods!!HAHA!!! This is the cutest pic EVERRRR, I am sitting here at 1:15AM with a big grin on my face, all alone, FILLED WITH GLEE, lol, at how adorable this child is!!!! =)

    ReplyDelete